Australian bag designer Love Gravy has created the ultimate 'on the go' nappy bag. The perfect gift for new Dads
I received a tip from an old business associate and reliable but unnamable source that there had been some significant development work undertaken on a fabulously funky new baby bag that was so compact and easy to use that 'even Dad’s can use it!'
I’m not a Dad and my son has grown well beyond nappy stage, but when I got my hot little hands on the bag and saw it in action I knew this had to be exposed to the public, however tracking down the designer responsible for this little gem was a little challenging.
After some serious hunting, I finally met the illusive Love Gravy (alias) and his gorgeous partner in crime at an inconspicuous café in inner suburban Melbourne.
A little more detective work was required to get to the bottom (pun intended) of Love Gravy, and this is what I discovered,
• An impressive career in the design, development and production of automotive interiors, wallets, bags, luggage, sports bottles, food containers, surfboard accessories, and furniture.
• A background that reads like who’s who of successful Australian brands sold on the global market and copied extensively wherever copyright laws are lax.
• Currently working undercover in a not-to-be-named organisation designing bags for the mass market. A soulless occupation that is brought into balance by the more creative and personally rewarding pursuit of his own creation - Gravy Bags.
• Illusiveness that can be attributed to the fact that he often disappears on secret missions to source new and better quality materials, hardware and construction.
• Two mini Love Gravys who provided the inspiration for the “Full Moon” Baby Change Sattion and were useful guinea pigs in the testing and development of the bags.
• A large underground network of very blokey mates with little ones who’ve secretly product tested the “Full Moon”
• The bottom featured on the “Full Moon” brand is not the bottom of the designer, but that of his best mate’s baby, whose name has been withheld on the ground that it may be used to make fun of him at his 18th birthday party.
More seriously Love Gravy has a commitment to design that functions to its intended purpose without the frills and branding that is often used to disguise poor design.